So I made some fan blends on Adagio today (based on the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth):
- Dauntless: Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon, Hazelnut; Members of the Dauntless faction value being tough, both physically and mentally, and courageous. They believe that cowardice is the cause of the world’s problems. Although somewhat stingy when it comes to safety measures, the Dauntless don’t hold back when it comes to desserts. This tea is like a bite of the famous Dauntless chocolate cake. Suggested brewing instructions: 212° for 3 mins.
- Amity: Sour Apple, Rooibos Cinnamon Apple, Sweet Potato Pie; Members of the Amity faction value peace and friendship. They believe the world’s problems can be resolved by simply learning to understand your fellow citizens. Amity’s role is to grow food for the other factions, and they enjoy the simple, homey lifestyle of farmers. Warm and soothing like a freshly baked apple pie, this tea will make you want to love your neighbor. Suggested brewing instructions: 212° for 3-6 mins.
- Abnegation: Foxtrot, Lemongrass; Members of the Abnegation faction believe in selflessness. They blame vanity, greed, and envy for the world’s problems, and therefore strive to have little and want for little so that everyone will be equal. They often sacrifice their own needs for the needs of others. This tea will work to comfort you, asking nothing in return. Suggested brewing instructions: 212° for 5-10 mins.
- Candor: Ceylon Sonata, White Symphony; Members of the Candor faction believe deceitfulness is the source of the world’s problems. They value honesty above all things, and therefore see the world in black (ceylon sonata, a black tea) and white (snowbud, a white tea). When it comes to the truth, there are no grey areas. Suggested brewing instructions: 200° for 3-5 minutes.
- Erudite: Irish Breakfast, Osmanthus; Members of the Erudite faction value knowledge above all things. They believe that ignorance is the source of the world’s problems. A somewhat ‘no-nonsense’ faction, members would most likely not appreciate a fruity, flamboyant tea. Therefore, this tea is fairly straightforward: Irish breakfast (a black tea to help you stay awake while studying) and Osmanthus (an herbal tea to accentuate the flavors of the black tea). Suggested brewing instructions: 212° for 5 mins.
- Divergent: Spiced Mate, Chocolate Chai, Tiger Eye; When someone has an aptitude for two or more factions, they are labeled Divergent. A surprisingly well-known term for something that’s supposed to be on the down-low, the increasing Divergent population is a good sign - a sign that we are ready to rejoin with the rest of society. This tea breaks the mold by being as un-tea-like as possible: it’s smell and taste verge on being labeled ‘coffee.’ With a punch of caffeine, this tea will leave you bouncing and ready for excellence. Suggested brewing instructions: 190° for 5 minutes (best with cream and sugar).
Also here is a link to my profile~ Hope you enjoy my blends!